Download the free OverDrive Media Console app from the Android Market Apple App Store.
You will need to have an Adobe ID to access Overdrive ebooks. A prompt will display the first time you download an eBook to OverDrive Media Console. Enter your Adobe ID and password or create a new one.
If you do not have an Adobe ID:
- Select “Register at Adobe.com“.
- Follow instructions to sign up and get an Adobe ID.
- In OverDrive Media Console, go to Get Books+>eBook Settings>Authorize with Adobe ID.
- Enter the email address and password for your new Adobe account.
- Select “Authorize“.
Go to Hamden's eBook Collection
Open OverDrive Media Console by tapping the OverDrive app icon. Tap “Get Books+“, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Tap “Add a Library“ and search for Hamden Public Library by name or zip code. You may also get to the ebook collection through your device's web browser at http://hamden.lib.overdrive.com.
Tap “Login” and enter your library barcode number to access your account
1. Search or browse for a title. Click “Add to Book Bag” to select your title. You may place a hold if the eBook is already checked out to another patron.
2. You will automatically be directed to your book bag when you select a title. From there, you may proceed to checkout, or continue browsing. You may take out up to 3 ebooks at a time.
4. Begin the checkout process by entering your library barcode number. You will then be asked to confirm your checkout. The default loan period is 14 days, buy you may select a 7,14, or 21 day loan period at this time. There are no renewals on eBooks, so keep that in mind when selecting a loan period. Your title will automatically start downloading in the OverDrive Media Console.
Titles automatically expire at the end of the selected loan period, so there is no neeed to worry about late fees. However, you may choose to return a title before it expires. You can use the Overdrive Media Console app to return eBooks early from your mobile device by clicking "Edit", then hitting the minus sign next to the title you wish to return.Click "Delete", then 'Return and Delete'.