These resources are available through the library’s website. Databases require a library barcode number to log in.
There are three areas of employment help available on this website.
- Resume; resume templates, resources and a lab wher you can receive expert feedback about your resume are available.
- Job interview: a live interview coach is available from Monday-Sunday, 3pm-11pm as well as interview tips and online resources.
- Careers: many sources of advice and information about building a career are available here.
In this collection of teaching modules is one called “Career Center.” Under this umbrella are topics including learn more about a career, prepare for an entrance exam, prepare for an occupational exam and jobsearch and workplace skills. The last title covers:
- Conduct a successful job search
- Change careers
- Create great resumes and cover letters
- Interview with confidence
- Learn important social networking skills
Use AtoZ Database to help you find a job. Powered by Indeed, you can search the database by position, company or type of employment desired. It also offers job tips and resume templates.
Connecticut Job Search Toolkit
This is a portal that includes links to:
- CT career fairs (State sponsored career fairs where attendees can meet with and take advantage of additional free services including job matching, resume writing and more.)
- CTjobs.com (local and regional newspapers websites feauring classifieds.)
- State of CT job openings (employment opportunities with the State of CT.)
- Yale University job openings (lists job openings at Yale University including clerical, technical, managerial, and professional positions.)
- CT job central (CT. Department of Labor website searchable by keyword, location, industry type, company home and more.)
Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. They've been doing this for more than 20 years, and have expanded from their roots as a "job board" to a global provider of a full array of job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management products and services.
CareerBuilder operates in the United States, Europe, Canada, Asia and South America. Its sites, combined with partnerships and acquisitions, give CareerBuilder a presence in more than 60 markets worldwide.
Indeed enables you to search jobs posted on 1,000's of websites. Employers also post jobs directly on Indeed. No matter where a job is posted, it will be easy to find when you use Indeed.