The Library as Incubator Project is proud to announce their partnership with TLT: Teen Librarian’s Toolbox, The Real Fauxtographer , and EgmontUSA. Together, they will be hosting a Teen Read Week art contest called It Came From a Book!
The contest begins June 21st, and runs through September 30th. They will be collecting entries and announcing the winners on The Library as Incubator Project website during Teen Read Week, October 14th-20th, 2012.
Here are the basics: read any book and create a piece of art inspired by the story. Your artwork can be any type– photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, manga– whatever you choose! Submit a digital photograph of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM CST September 30th, 2012. Be sure to include the following information with your entry to ensure that it is eligible:
- Make sure your entry has the subject heading TRW Art Contest
- Include your full name, your library (school or public), and the title and author of the book that inspired your art.
- Include the statement “I affirm that this is an original piece of artwork.”
During Teen Read Week, the Library as Incubator Project will host a digital art gallery of all entries to the It Came From a Book! TRW Art Contest, and we will also collect votes on the best library-incubated artwork. The winner will be announced on the site the following week.
- $50 Amazon giftcard
- Original art from The Real Fauxtographer
- Library as Incubator Project t-shirts
- Signed books from hot YA authors