All three branches of the Hamden Public Library now have mobile hotspots available for lending. A WiFi hotspot is a device you can use to connect a mobile-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet, to the Internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost wherever you are, like at home, on the bus or in the park.
- The patron must be a Hamden Resident, age 18+ with a library card in good standing (i.e., the library card is not blocked due to fines in excess of $10, unpaid bills, etc.). The patron must present their library card and fill out this lending agreement form to complete the checkout process.
- The hotspot equipment may be borrowed for 2 weeks, and cannot be renewed.
- The hotspot equipment must be returned in person at the location where the hot spot was checked out.
- Overdue Hotspots will be deactivated within 24 hours after the due date.
- The patron is responsible for returning all hotspot equipment to Hamden Public Library undamaged and in good working condition, and is responsible for loss or theft of the items. The full replacement cost of the hotspot device itself is $180. The replacement cost for the charging cord and case are $10 each.
- The library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expenses resulting from the use or misuse of hotspot equipment, its connection to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from its use.