The Library has Federal 1040 tax forms and instructions available in the Miller Library entryway during our contact-less service hours.
The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services no longer sends tax booklets to libraries (or any other bulk distribution sites). Tax forms for the state can be accessed online or ordered by phone at 860-297-5962; see the DRS contact information below.
Federal 1040 tax forms and instructions can also be found at our Whitneyville and Community Branch libraries.
Federal Tax Forms and Information:
Due to Covid-19 IRS telephone assistance is “Extremely Limited”
Telephone assistance available Monday thru Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
For Individuals: 800-829-1040
For Businesses: 800-829-4933
Hearing Impaired TTY/TDD: 800-829-4059
Order or Print IRS tax forms & publications:
- Schedule A
- Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return)
- Other Federal Forms, Instructions and Publications
- To have Printed Federal Forms Mailed to you:
Connecticut Tax Forms and Information
Telephone assistance available Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
860-297-5962 (from anywhere)
1-800-382-9463 (Within CT-Outside Greater Hartford area only)
860-297-4911 (TDD/TT Users only)
To have printed tax forms mailed to you call 860-297-5962 and dial extension 1 to place an order.
If you earned less than $57,000 in 2020 you may be eligible for assistance with preparing and filing your taxes. Due to Covid-19, most VITA sites are going online this year and will prepare taxes virtually through a secure, encrypted, IRS-approved website: www.getyourrefund.org/HHS-CT
Questions? Email HamdenHighVita@gmail.com
IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers
Taxpayer Assistance Centers operate by appointment. To make an Appointment call 844-545-5640
From the IRS: “When you arrive, wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others. Reschedule your appointment if you feel ill.”
For more information see the IRS website.
Services available at the New Haven IRS office:
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- Form 911 , Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)